On Sunday, our New York NextGen Philanthropy Community hosted our first NextGen Families Purim Carnival; a day filled with celebration and learning.
A special thank you to our NextGen Families Co-Chair, Amy Bakst for her dedication, passion and inspirational leadership, without which this event would not have been possible. We would also like to thank Roaine Fine of Itty Bitty Boppers for her musical entertainment and amazing balloon animals.
ADL, a leader in producing award-winning educational programs, empowers students, family members, educators, and community leaders to combat prejudice, bias, bullying and hate. Please see below for details about ADL’s Education Programs and Initiatives and ways you can engage with ADL’s work.
ADL New York’s Programs & Initiatives
Click on the links below for more information:
- No Place For Hate® & A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE Institute®: ADL’s anti-bias and bullying prevention programs
- Books Matter & Read for Respect: The best kid literature on bias, diversity & social justice
- Table Talk: Family discussions on current events and other timely discussions about societal and world events
- Words to Action: An interactive education program for middle, high school and college students designed to empower students to address anti-Semitism
Education Reach and Impact in New York State
- In the New York Region alone, over 1,424,406 adults and youth have been impacted by ADL’s Education Division programs with in the past five years.
- Since its inception, over 65 million adults and youth have directly participated in ADL’s programs, and are changing the hearts and minds of millions more.
- A Classroom of Difference™ anti-bias programs worked with over 8,000 K-12 administrators and classified staff who reached 734,400 students.
- Bring No Place For Hate® program to your school or community. Email Noplaceforhate_ny@adl.org or contact 212-885-7966.
- Volunteer at ADL. Click here to learn how or contact Stephanie Merkrebs, Associate Regional Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-885-7736
- Host a NextGen Families Event at your home or in your community. Contact Stephanie Fletcher, Assistant Director of Development at email@example.com 212-885-5805
- Donate Today! We can’t do it without you. Join the Good Fight!